Frank Bold Legal Research Internship
The Brussels office of the public interest law firm Frank Bold is currently recruiting a Legal Research Intern to start immediately full-time, for a period of two months, with the possibility of a four-month extension.
This internship will require substantial legal research and analysis relating to corporate governance and company law. Applicants must hold, or be studying towards, an undergraduate or advanced law degree (LLB/JD/LLM), and be comfortable analyzing and synthesizing complex legal information.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis; applicants are advised to apply at their earliest convenience.
About Frank Bold
Frank Bold is a purpose-driven law firm established in 1995 with four offices in the Czech Republic as well as offices in Krakow, Poland and Brussels, Belgium. The firm seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. Frank Bold is a steering group member of the European Coalition for Corporate Justice, which promotes corporate responsibility within the EU. For more information please visit our website as well as our dedicated website on the Purpose of the Corporation Project.
- Legal research: The intern will assist with researching, drafting, and editing a report on corporate governance and company law that summarises two years of roundtables held across Europe and the USA, as well as being based on independent academic research and a global survey of leading practitioners and stakeholders.
- Referencing and Editing: The intern will create a reference database using Mendeley, which will be used for the citations within the legal report and additional publications going forward. The intern will assist with editing of the final report, as well as drafting short blog posts and policy briefings to condense the research findings for various audiences.
- Conference planning: The intern will help to prepare for the Sustainable Companies Summit that Frank Bold is hosting in Brussels on 28 September 2016. The intern will also provide notetaking support during the conference.
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium
- (Near) native fluency in English (other EU languages an advantage)
- Law degree (LLB/JD/LLM)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and reference management software (e.g. Mendeley or Zotero)
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise legal text
- Creativity, flexibility, reliability and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Motivation to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices
- An internship for 5 days per week (possibility of working 4 days, if needed) for a period of 2 months to acquire work experience with the possibility of extension to 6 months
- Professional supervision and coaching
- Friendly work environment in a small organisation with unique expertise in social justice issues
- Conveniently located office between Porte de Namur Metro and EU Parliament
- Fair internship remuneration (in accordance with Belgian legal requirements)
Frank Bold is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a motivation letter, CV and short legal writing sample (5-10 pages) to Paige Morrow with the subject line "Brussels internship".
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. Interviews will take place on a rolling basis in August, either in person in Brussels or via phone/Skype.