Frank Bold Events and Communications Internship
The Brussels office of the public interest law firm Frank Bold is currently recruiting an Events and Communications Intern to start in mid-March on a 3-5 day/week basis, for a period of three months, with the possibility of a three month extension.
About Frank Bold
Frank Bold is a law firm with a social purpose established in 1995 with four offices in the Czech Republic as well as offices in Krakow, Poland and Brussels, Belgium. The firm seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. Frank Bold is a steering group member of the European Coalition for Corporate Justice, which promotes corporate responsibility within the EU. For more information please visit our website at www.frankbold.org/en as well as our dedicated website on the Purpose of the Corporation Project at www.purposeofcorporation.org
The intern will provide support to the organisation through a number of tasks, primarily divided under the general areas of event organization and external communications.
- Preparing documentation, visual materials and meeting packs
- Correspondence with and support to prospective and registered participants
- Event logistics and coordination with suppliers
- Writing up summaries/minutes of meetings attended
- Creating photo galleries and short videos
- Drafting content for and updating the website
- Researching, writing, editing and proofreading articles for external publication
- Managing social media presence on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Press monitoring
- Supporting administrative tasks
- Legal entitlement to work in Belgium
- Fluency in English, with knowledge of other languages a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise texts for external communication (writing sample welcome but not required)
- Prior experience working with content management systems an advantage
- Skills/interest in graphic design and/or video editing an advantage
- Creativity, flexibility, reliability and a proactive approach to challenges
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments
- Motivation to foster the integration of sustainability and social justice in corporate practices
- An internship for 4-5 days per week for a period of 3 months to acquire work experience with the possibility of extension to 6 months
- Professional supervision and coaching
- Friendly work environment in a small organisation with unique expertise in social justice issues
- Conveniently located office between Porte de Namur Metro and EU Parliament
- Fair internship remuneration (in accordance with Belgian legal requirements)
Please send a motivation letter and CV (short writing sample optional) before 5:30 pm on Friday, 28 February 2015 to Paige Morrow with the subject line "Brussels internship". Any questions may be sent to Paige as well.
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt. Interviews will take place in early-March, either in person in Brussels or via phone/Skype.