Job Offer: Policy officer in corporate responsibility
Are you tempted to use your expertise and presentation skills to promote systemic changes at EU level for the protection of the environment, climate and human rights? Are you interested in participating in a project with global impact? Do you want to deal with partners and policy makers in Brussels and strategically develop an international network working together to strengthen corporate responsibility? Join the Frank Bold team now.
What does Frank Bold do for corporate responsibility?
At European level, we pushed through the adoption of an EU Directive that introduced the obligation of non-financial reporting - a requirement for large corporations and banks to report on the risks and impacts of their activities, including climate, human rights and corruption. This legislation was the first step in our long-term campaign to improve corporate transparency. The reform of this Directive was presented in 2019 and we strive to make this obligation more precise, enforceable and to ensure that companies publish key information that is necessary for both investors and civil society. To promote these changes, we are coordinating the Alliance for Corporate Transparency, a platform made up of over 20 major non-profit organisations, and collaborating with responsible investors, academia and business leaders. Frank Bold also promotes the debate on the purpose of the corporation, including a comprehensive reform of corporate governance towards a more sustainable model.
What will your role be?
You will get acquainted with a broad spectrum of corporate responsibility issues so that you can
- Contribute to prepare policy proposals on corporate sustainability, transparency and accountability
- Present our position and persuade relevant players at European level, including policy-makers and relevant stakeholders such as associations, trade unions and organisations/platforms working on these topics.
- Help to strategically develop the Alliance for Corporate Transparency platform and engage with international players.
It's an opportunity for you if...
- you are inspired by ambitious goals and want to help resolve major global challenges, including climate change and systematic human rights violations
- you like to communicate with people and you can easily get in touch, collaborate, and reach out to potential partners or policy makers as well as manage and maintain these relationships
- you have the ability to adapt your message to any audience from technical experts, policy-makers or the wider public
- you have excellent English and you want to work in an international environment. French or German is a very strong asset and other EU languages will be an advantage.
- you are able to quickly familiarise yourself with new topics through research, policy documents or expert publications.
If you have relevant experience in public administration or business, or have worked in public policy making or lobbying, it will be an advantage.
What can you find at Frank Bold?
- Meaningful work, informal working environment, great team and opportunity to meet interesting projects and people. Opportunities to grow professionally and a great deal of freedom at work.
- Full-time position (eventually with 0.8 part time agreement).
- Working place in Brussels. Alternatively in Brno or Prague with occasional travel to Brussels.
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work partly from home.
- A competitive remuneration package will be offered based on qualifications and experience following Frank Bold guidelines.
To apply, please fill in the following form and attach your CV.
The deadline for applications is 15 August 2021. Phone interviews with short-listed candidates will follow. Selected candidates will be invited to a personal interview which will take place on 25 August 2021 in Brussels.
Frank Bold is a purpose-driven law organisation working on corporate responsibility and transparency, climate change litigation, anti-corruption advocacy and strengthening grassroots civil society. Established in 1995, Frank Bold is headquartered in the Czech Republic and has offices in Brussels (Belgium) and Krakow (Poland). The firm seeks to use the power of business and non-profit approaches to solve social and environmental problems. For more information please visit our website.